cargo-release alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Cargo" category.
Alternatively, view cargo-release alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
3.3 3.6 cargo-release VS cargo-bitbakecargo extension that can generate BitBake recipes utilizing the classes from meta-rust
Do you think we are missing an alternative of cargo-release or a related project?
- Ensure you are in a good state for release, including:
- Right branch
- Up-to-date with remote
- Clean tree
- Supports workspaces using cargo's native flags, like
- Updates dependent crates in workspace when changing version
- Change detection to help guide in what crates might not need a release
- Optionally share commits
cargo publish, tagging, and pushing
- Pre-release search and replace for custom version updates, including
- Updating changelogs
- Update tags in
- Pre-release hook for extra customization, including
Current release: 0.21.1
cargo install cargo-release
cargo release [level]
- See the [reference](docs/reference.md) for more on
level, other CLI arguments, and configuration file format.
- See also the [FAQ](docs/faq.md) for help in figuring out how to adapt cargo-release to your workflow.
- Your project should be managed by git.
cargo-release runs in dry-run mode so you can safely run it and
verify what it will do.
- Increase the logging level with each additional
-vto get more details
- Speed up dry-run by skipping
cargo-publishs verify step with
Once you are ready, pass the
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0 ([LICENSE-APACHE](LICENSE-APACHE) or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license ([LICENSE-MIT](LICENSE-MIT) or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT) at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the cargo-release README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.