gfx v0.9.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-06-18 // almost 2 years ago
- This is the final crates-published release of gfx-hal. gfx-hal development was mainly driven by wgpu which has now switched to its own GPU abstraction: wgpu-hal. As such, gfx-hal will be in maintence mode until the story of gfx-portability is figured out. Read more about the transition in #3768.
- MTL: Prevent accessing NSView on other threads.
- Fix panics when android apps reopen.
- Support dynamic array sizes on metal.
- Added backend agnostic RenderDoc captures.
- Allow initialization of gfx objects from raw handles.
- Add missing features to the dx12 backend that are needed by wgpu.
- Added the ability to import formeign memory
- GLES: Deferred deleting shaders until after linking
- GLES: Fix texture views
- GLES: Fix nearest neighbor filtering.
- Assorted: Documentation fixes
Previous changes from v0.8.2
- fix linking to QuartzCore