libhdfs binding library and rust APIs which safely wraps libhdfs binding APIs
- Alpha Status (Rust wrapping APIs can be changed)
- All libhdfs FFI APIs are ported.
- Safe Rust wrapping APIs to cover some of the libhdfs APIs.
- Hadoop compiled with native library (i.e., maven profile
- Please refer to https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/BUILDING.txt if you need more description.
Add this to your Cargo.toml:
[dependencies] hdfs = "0.0.4"
and this to your crate root:
extern crate hdfs;
hdfs-rs uses libhdfs, which is JNI native implementation. JNI native implementation requires the proper
exec.sh included in the source code root plays a role to execute your program with the proper
HADOOP_HOME. So, you firstly set
HADOOP_HOME shell environment variable as follows:
export HADOOP_HOME=<hadoop install dir>
Then, you can execute your program as follows:
./exec your_program arg1 arg2