SolidOak alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Ride" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of SolidOak or a related project?
SolidOak is a simple IDE for Rust. See the website for binary releases. It has the following features:
- An embedded copy of Neovim as its text editor
- On first launch, it will create ~/.soak and ~/.soakrc (equivalent to ~/.vim and ~/.vimrc)
- It starts off in "Easy Mode" (locked in insert mode) for Vim newbies, but you can toggle it off
- An easy-to-use GUI written with gtk-rs
- Buttons for common editing actions and a project tree that stays in sync with Neovim
- You can bypass the GUI and run it as a console app by passing the
Note: If neovim fails to build, try cloning it directly and running
make libnvim to get more specific errors.
apt-get install libgtk-3-dev libglib2.0-dev libcairo2-dev libvte-2.91-dev apt-get install libtool-bin autoconf automake cmake libncurses5-dev g++ pkg-config unzip cargo build --release
yum install gtk3-devel glib2-devel vte291-devel yum install autoconf automake cmake gcc gcc-c++ libtool ncurses-devel pkgconfig cargo build --release
OS X (homebrew)
brew install gtk+3 vte3 brew install libtool automake cmake pkg-config gettext cargo build --release
OS X (macports)
port install gtk3 vte port install libtool automake cmake pkgconfig gettext cargo build --release
The following instructions are a work in progress. Building does not currently work because msys2 does not contain a package for vte.
Install MSYS2 and run this in its shell:
pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-gtk3
In cmd.exe, install Rust's GNU toolchain and build:
rustup install stable-gnu set RUSTUP_TOOLCHAIN=stable-x86_64-pc-windows-gnu cargo build --release
All files that originate from this project are dedicated to the public domain. I would love pull requests, and will assume that they are also dedicated to the public domain.