arrayfire-rust v3.7.2 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-10-06 // over 1 year ago
🚑 This fix release fixes a critical bug regarding thread safety of structure wrappers of ArrayFire objects. This bug was inadvertently introduced in the v3.7.1 release. Hence, we are going to yank that version from crates.io. Existing users of v3.7.1 will still be able to use that crate version although multi-threaded code might not work as expected. We strongly recommend upgrading to v3.7.2 for all users.
🚑 Apart from fixing the critical bug we have also added a new tutorial to our book with short code examples on how to use ArrayFire in multi-threaded programs
Thank you! everyone.
Previous changes from v3.7.1
- 🚀 We are pushing two additional crates in this release to help inter-operation with RAW CUDA/OpenCL code from rust.
- Couple of new macros to help improve the syntax for indexing and modifying portions of Arrays. Checkout out the new set of examples from indexing tutorial.
- ➕ Added IndexMut trait implementation for Dim4 structure - #230
- ➕ Added support to let users create Array from raw device pointers - #234
- ➕ Added example for
Array::hostmethod - #220
- ➕ Added functions (missing FFI wrappers) to handle Pinned memory allocation and free functions - #238
- ➕ Added bit shift trait implementations for Array by unsigned integer types - #236
- Marked C FFI handle getter from Structures as unsafe - #234
- 👌 Improved documentation of batch parameter for arithmetic functions - #234
- 👌 Improved reorder_v2 function documentation - #218
- 🔨 Refactored AfError Enum to use fmt::Display instead of error::Error - #224
- 🔨 Refactored whole array reduce functions to use appropriate output type - #242
- ⚡️ Updated indexing tutorials in md-book to include macro based examples - #239
- ➕ Added new macros dim4 and seq to easily enable creation of
Dim4objects - #230
- 🛠 Fixed crate qualifier for functions used inside macro - #230
- 🛠 Fixed AfError Enum C representation to u32 for consistency - #234
- 🛠 Fixed axes computation in reorder_v2 function - #216
- 🛠 Fixed clippy warnings in data module tests - #218
- 🛠 Fixed documentation - #236 , #234 and #216
- 🛠 Fixed mutability of left-hand-size parameters of assignment operations(functions) - #224
- 🛠 Fixed pad FFI arguments in wrapper code - #247
- 🛠 Fixed set_row internal logic to handle unit vectors - #247
- 🛠 Fixed unused import warning in error handler test - commit
👌 Improvements in Upstream
🚀 For information on improvements and bug fixes made in the upstream, ArrayFire, please refer to the following two release notes.
Thank you! everyone.