euclider alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Graphics" category.
Alternatively, view euclider alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of euclider or a related project?
A higher-dimensional "non-euclidean" ray tracing prototype written in Rust.
- Install the Rust language via Rustup
- Use nightly rust via
rustup default nightly
- Clone this repository and
- Build with
cargo build --release
- Run with
- Open a scene with
target/release/euclider --scene scenes/3d_room.json
- Mouse wheel - resolution adjustment
Esc] - exit
- Mouse - camera rotation
Control] - camera movement
- Generalized rotations happen in a plane, not around an axis. A plane is given by two axes of the camera. Rotate by holding two buttons bound to the following axes and pressing [
I] - x axis
O] - Y axis
K] - Z axis
L] - W axis
E] - camera movement
[Fresnel Sphere](preview/preview_3d_fresnel_sphere.png) A simple sphere displaying Fresnel equations.
[3D Room](preview/preview_3d_room.png) A scene containing a room with several entities. Listed from left to right:
- a blue sphere with a partially reflective surface;
- a cuboid with an animated perlin noise surface;
- a glass material in the shape of the complement set operation on a cube and a sphere;
- an infinite cylinder passing through the ceiling and the floor
[3D Hallways](preview/preview_3d_hallways.png) A non-euclidean 3D scene consisting of hallways that either stretch the space inside (left) or shrink it (right).
[4D Cylindric Hypercube Frame](preview/preview_4d_cylinder_frame.png) A frame of a 4D hypercube made of cylinders as edges. Notice how the rays on the cyan cylinder in the bottom right are reflected to the fourth dimension, revealing more of the frame.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the euclider README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.