euclider alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Graphics" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of euclider or a related project?
A higher-dimensional "non-euclidean" ray tracing prototype written in Rust.
- Install the Rust language via Rustup
- Use nightly rust via
rustup default nightly
- Clone this repository and
- Build with
cargo build --release
- Run with
- Open a scene with
target/release/euclider --scene scenes/3d_room.json
- Mouse wheel - resolution adjustment
Esc] - exit
- Mouse - camera rotation
Control] - camera movement
- Generalized rotations happen in a plane, not around an axis. A plane is given by two axes of the camera. Rotate by holding two buttons bound to the following axes and pressing [
I] - x axis
O] - Y axis
K] - Z axis
L] - W axis
E] - camera movement
[Fresnel Sphere](preview/preview_3d_fresnel_sphere.png) A simple sphere displaying Fresnel equations.
[3D Room](preview/preview_3d_room.png) A scene containing a room with several entities. Listed from left to right:
- a blue sphere with a partially reflective surface;
- a cuboid with an animated perlin noise surface;
- a glass material in the shape of the complement set operation on a cube and a sphere;
- an infinite cylinder passing through the ceiling and the floor
[3D Hallways](preview/preview_3d_hallways.png) A non-euclidean 3D scene consisting of hallways that either stretch the space inside (left) or shrink it (right).
[4D Cylindric Hypercube Frame](preview/preview_4d_cylinder_frame.png) A frame of a 4D hypercube made of cylinders as edges. Notice how the rays on the cyan cylinder in the bottom right are reflected to the fourth dimension, revealing more of the frame.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the euclider README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.