iup-rust alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "IUP" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of iup-rust or a related project?
IUP is a multi-platform toolkit for building graphical user interfaces.
It's purpose is to allow a program to run in different systems without changes - the toolkit provides the application portability. Supported systems include: GTK+, Motif and Windows.
IUP has some advantages over other interface toolkits available:
- Simplicity: due to the small number of functions and to its attribute mechanism, the learning curve for a new user is often faster.
- Portability: the same functions are implemented in each one of the platforms, thus assuring the interface system's portability.
- Customization: the dialog specification language (LED) is a mechanisms in which it is possible to customize an application for a specific user with a simple-syntax text file.
- Flexibility: its abstract layout mechanism provides flexibility to dialog creation.
- Extensibility: the programmer can create new interface elements as needed.
The Rust binding provides a way to do things in a more Rustic way but without moving out of IUP base nameclatures and philosophy in such a way that one can program on this binding by reading the original IUP documentation.
Click the link above or run
cargo doc on this repository to view the documentation locally.
See rust-iup-sys for
information on installing the IUP system libraries needed to use this library.
After you have the IUP system libraries just add this to your
[dependencies.iup] git = "https://github.com/dcampbell24/iup-rust"
Contributions are welcome both in the form of ideas and of code. If you want to work on something, please open a issue to let others know what you are working on. If you are not sure what to work on, check our issues to see what must be worked on.
If you find any issues with the library, please create a GitHub issue for it.