lalrpop alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Parser" category.
Alternatively, view lalrpop alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of lalrpop or a related project?
LALRPOP is a Rust parser generator framework with usability as its primary goal. You should be able to write compact, DRY, readable grammars. To this end, LALRPOP offers a number of nifty features:
- Nice error messages in case parser constructor fails.
- Macros that let you extract common parts of your grammar. This
means you can go beyond simple repetition like
Id*and define things like
Comma<Id>for a comma-separated list of identifiers.
- Macros can also create subsets, so that you easily do something
Expr<"all">to represent the full range of expressions, but
Expr<"if">to represent the subset of expressions that can appear in an
- Builtin support for operators like
- Compact defaults so that you can avoid writing action code much of the time.
- Type inference so you can often omit the types of nonterminals.
Despite its name, LALRPOP in fact uses LR(1) by default (though you can opt for LALR(1)), and really I hope to eventually move to something general that can handle all CFGs (like GLL, GLR, LL(*), etc).
The LALRPOP book covers all things LALRPOP -- or at least it intends to! Here are some tips:
- The tutorial covers the basics of setting up a LALRPOP parser.
- For the impatient, you may prefer the quick start guide section, which describes
how to add LALRPOP to your
- The advanced setup chapter shows how to configure other aspects of LALRPOP's preprocessing.
- If you have any questions join our gitter lobby.
- LALRPOP is itself implemented in LALRPOP.
- Gluon is a statically typed functional programming language.
- RustPython is Python 3.5+ rewritten in Rust
- Solang is Ethereum Solidity rewritten in Rust
You really should read
CONTRIBUTING.md if you intend to change LALRPOP's own grammar.