As its name suggests, it is generic wrt the dimension: it works with both
2-dimensional and 3-dimensional geometries. It might work with higher
dimensions (never tried).
The official user guide is available here. The rustdoc documentation is available here.
ncollide alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Computation" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ncollide or a related project?
2D Documentation | 3D Documentation | User Guide | Forum
ncollide is a 2 and 3-dimensional collision detection library written with the rust programming language.
Simply add one the following (or both) to your
[dependencies] ncollide2d = "0.23" # For 2D collision detection. ncollide3d = "0.23" # For 3D collision detection.
- dynamic bounding volume tree based broad phase
- ball vs. ball collision detection,
- plane vs. any convex object collision detection.
- collision detection between arbitrary convex objects
- compound geometries
- time of impact computation for objects without rotational movement (compound vs. compound is not yet implemented)
And various traits for collision detectors and broad phase collision detection.
Pull requests and issues are very welcome. In addition, click this button if you which to donate to support the development of ncollide: