Rustup v1.22.1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-07-08 // 5 months ago
A regression in proxied behaviour slipped in due to a non-compatible change in
urlslipping in in 2.1 which caused a misbehaviour in
env_proxy. 🚀 which was fixed but not released to crates.io until after 1.22.0 was built.
Fortunately, inejge noticed and provided a fix for us by publishing a new
env_proxyand providing us with this fix.
We apologise for any inconvenience this caused.
- Ivan Nejgebauer
- Ben Chen
Previous changes from v1.22.0
♻️ Alongside a significant amount of internal refactoring and code updates, 🚀 the highlights of this release include:
- 🚀 We have switched to Github Actions to make our CI and release process more consistent.
- We've invested time in the flow when you reinstall
rustupatop an existing installation.
- We've doubled down on discouraging the use of the internal-development-focussed
completeprofile. Please use
minimalunless you're trying to test/develop the Rust tooling itself.
- We've made a number of subtle quality-of-life improvements around the CLI.
- ➕ Added a (provisionally unofficial) snap of
- We've worked hard to improve a lot of the messages (error and informational) in the tool.
- We've increased internal timeouts and retries in an attempt to improve the situation for McAfee users.
- While it's not a change, we've documented that
rust-toolchainmust be UTF8 encoded.
While the changes spanned around 90 individual pull requests, here are the main changes and additions…
- 🛠 Fixed various links to our repo and to the forge - #2173
- 👌 Improved OS detection (particularly darwin) in
- 🛠 Fixed bug where i686 installer on x86_64 windows would intend to install 64-bit but would actually install 32-bit toolchains by default. - #2186
- Increased width of copy box on rustup website - #2208
- When updating a toolchain, indicate the version you updated from as well. - #2152
- ⚡️ When installing atop an existing
rustupinstallation, we will now update the installed default toolchain, particularly we'll also try and install any additional targets or components specified - #2201 and #2339
- 🛠 Fixed issue where
rustup docwouldn't work with custom toolchains - #2235
- In low-memory situations, attempt to unpack more conservatively - #2236
- 👌 Improved consistency in where
rustupwill auto-install a toolchain on use. - #2252
- Try to force strong cipher suites in
- When skipping a
nightlyindicate all the missing components - #2316
- ⏱ Increase timeout for rename retries - #2348
- Increased 'sanity limit' to account for MIPS binary size increases - #2363
- Fallback to non-threaded installation pathway on 1-CPU systems to improve chance that installation will succeed on Raspberry Pi - #2372
- It is now possible to install
rustupeven when there's an existing
rustup.shinstallation, and we can install alongside
cargowithout necessarily forcing via
-yby means of the
RUSTUP_INIT_SKIP_EXISTENCE_CHECKSenvironment variable. - #2214
- Added the concept of a fallback settings file which will allow snaps, distro
packages, etc. to provide a default toolchain for users who have not passed
rustup-initmanaged one-time question set. - #2244
- You can now specify multiple components in a single argument in the form
--component rls,rust-analysis,rust-srcwhen installing toolchains - #2239
- It is now possible to
snap install --classic rustupin theory (channel details may take some time to settle) - #1898
- ➕ Added indication of why overrides are happening when running
rustup show- #2312
- ➕ Added
riscv64gc-unknown-linux-gnusupport (note: There is still work to be done on the compiler etc before this will necessarily work) - #2313
- Alejandro Martinez Ruiz
- Alexander D'hoore
- Ben Chen
- Chris Denton
- Daniel Silverstone
- Evan Weiler
- Guillaume Gomez
- Harry Sarson
- Jacob Lifshay
- James Yang
- Joel Parker Henderson
- John Titor
- Jonas Platte
- Josh Stone
- Linus Färnstrand
- LIU An (劉安)
- Luciano Bestia
- Lzu Tao
- Manish Goregaokar
- Mingye Wang
- Montgomery Edwards
- Per Lundberg
- Pietro Albini
- Robert Collins
- Rudolf B.
- Solomon Ucko
- Stein Somers
- Tetsuharu Ohzeki
- Tom Eccles
- Trevor Arjeski
- Tshepang Lekhonkhobe