zemeroth alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Games, see also Games Made With Piston." category.
Alternatively, view zemeroth alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.5 0.1 zemeroth VS cityboundA work-in-progress, open-source, multi-player city simulation game.
8.2 2.4 zemeroth VS hematiteA simple Minecraft written in Rust with the Piston game engine
Do you think we are missing an alternative of zemeroth or a related project?
Zemeroth is a turn-based hexagonal tactical game written in Rust.
You can play an online WebAssembly version of Zemeroth at ozkriff.itch.io/zemeroth
Precompiled binaries for Linux, Windows and macOS: github.com/ozkriff/zemeroth/releases
The initial vision of the project is:
- Random-based skirmish-level digital tabletop game;
- Single player only;
- 3-6 fighters under player’s control;
- Small unscrollable maps;
- Relatively short game session (under an hour);
- Simple vector 2d graphics with just 3-5 sprites per unit;
- Reaction attacks and action’s interruption;
- Highly dynamic (lots of small unit moves as a side effect of other events);
- Intentionally stupid and predictable AI;
- [ ] Phase One: Linear Campaign Mode
An extended prototype focused just on tactical battles.
- [x] v0.4
- [x] Basic gameplay with reaction attacks
- [x] Minimal text-based GUI
- [x] Basic agent abilities: jumps, bombs, dashes, etc
- [x] v0.5
- [x] v0.6
- [ ] GUI icons (#276)
- [ ] Sound & Music (#221)
- [ ] Reduce text overlapping (#214)
- [ ] Move back after a successful dodge (#117)
- [ ] Easing (#26)
- [ ] Path selection (#280, #219)
- [ ] Intermediate bosses
- [ ] Main boss
- [ ] Neutral agents (#393)
- [ ] Weight component (#291)
- [ ] Basic inventory system: slots for artifacts
- [ ] Ranged units
- [ ] More agent types
- [ ] More passive abilities that allow agents to make actions during enemy's turn (#354)
- [ ] More complex multieffect abilities/actions
- [ ] Guide (#451)
- [ ] Save/load (#28)
[ ] Android version
- [ ] Phase Two: Strategy Mode
A not-so-linear strategic layer will be added on top of tactical battles. Simple non-linear story and meta-gameplay.
- [ ] Global map
- [ ] Dialog system
- [ ] Quest system
- [ ] NPC/Agent/Masters system
Tactical battle mechanics are mostly inspired by these games:
Building from Source
Install all miniquad's system dependencies.
cargo install resvg ./utils/assets_export.sh cargo run
cargo install resvg ./utils/assets_export.sh rustup target add wasm32-unknown-unknown ./utils/wasm/build.sh cargo install basic-http-server basic-http-server static
http://localhost:4000 in your browser.
This repo contains a bunch of helper crates:
- [zcomponents] is a simple component storage
- [zgui] is a simple and opinionated GUI library
- [zscene] is a simple scene and declarative animation manager
Also, resvg is used for exporting sprites from svg.
If you want to help take a look at issues with
help-wanted label attached:
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.
Zemeroth is distributed under the terms of both the MIT license and the Apache License (Version 2.0). See [LICENSE-APACHE] and [LICENSE-MIT] for details.
Zemeroth's text logo is based on the "Old London" font by Dieter Steffmann.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the zemeroth README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.