Parity alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Applications written in Rust" category.
Alternatively, view Parity alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
10.0 9.9 Parity VS tauriBuild smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
9.7 9.8 Parity VS conduitUltralight, security-first service mesh for Kubernetes. Main repo for Linkerd 2.x.
9.7 8.2 Parity VS mdBookCreate book from markdown files. Like Gitbook but implemented in Rust
9.4 0.0 Parity VS cityboundA work-in-progress, open-source, multi-player city simulation game.
8.5 8.8 Parity VS osoOso is a batteries-included framework for building authorization in your application.
7.7 7.8 Parity VS dotenv-linter⚡️Lightning-fast linter for .env files. Written in Rust 🦀
6.3 0.0 Parity VS snatchA simple, fast and interruptable download accelerator, written in Rust
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Parity or a related project?
Fast and feature-rich multi-network Ethereum client.
Table of Contents
- Technical Overview
- Building 3.1 Building Dependencies 3.2 Building from Source Code 3.3 Starting OpenEthereum
Built for mission-critical use: Miners, service providers, and exchanges need fast synchronisation and maximum uptime. OpenEthereum provides the core infrastructure essential for speedy and reliable services.
- Clean, modular codebase for easy customisation
- Advanced CLI-based client
- Minimal memory and storage footprint
- Synchronise in hours, not days with Warp Sync
- Modular for light integration into your service or product
2. Technical Overview
OpenEthereum's goal is to be the fastest, lightest, and most secure Ethereum client. We are developing OpenEthereum using the Rust programming language. OpenEthereum is licensed under the GPLv3 and can be used for all your Ethereum needs.
By default, OpenEthereum runs a JSON-RPC HTTP server on port
:8545 and a Web-Sockets server on port
:8546. This is fully configurable and supports a number of APIs.
If you run into problems while using OpenEthereum, check out the old wiki for documentation, feel free to file an issue in this repository, or hop on our Discord chat room to ask a question. We are glad to help!
You can download OpenEthereum's latest release at the releases page or follow the instructions below to build from source. Read the [CHANGELOG.md](CHANGELOG.md) for a list of all changes between different versions.
3.1 Build Dependencies
OpenEthereum requires latest stable Rust version to build.
We recommend installing Rust through rustup. If you don't already have
rustup, you can install it like this:
bash $ curl https://sh.rustup.rs -sSf | sh
OpenEthereum also requires
clang (>= 9.0),
cmake packages to be installed.
bash $ curl https://sh.rustup.rs -sSf | sh
clang is required. It comes with Xcode command line tools or can be installed with homebrew.
Make sure you have Visual Studio 2015 with C++ support installed. Next, download and run the
rustupinstaller from https://static.rust-lang.org/rustup/dist/x86_64-pc-windows-msvc/rustup-init.exe, start "VS2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt", and use the following command to install and set up the
bash $ rustup default stable-x86_64-pc-windows-msvc
Once you have
rustup installed, then you need to install:
Make sure that these binaries are in your
PATH. After that, you should be able to build OpenEthereum from source.
3.2 Build from Source Code
# download OpenEthereum code $ git clone https://github.com/openethereum/openethereum $ cd openethereum # build in release mode $ cargo build --release --features final
This produces an executable in the
Note: if cargo fails to parse manifest try:
$ ~/.cargo/bin/cargo build --release
Note, when compiling a crate and you receive errors, it's in most cases your outdated version of Rust, or some of your crates have to be recompiled. Cleaning the repository will most likely solve the issue if you are on the latest stable version of Rust, try:
$ cargo clean
This always compiles the latest nightly builds. If you want to build stable, do a
$ git checkout stable
3.3 Starting OpenEthereum
To start OpenEthereum manually, just run
so OpenEthereum begins syncing the Ethereum blockchain.
systemd service file
To start OpenEthereum as a regular user using
systemduser directory (usually
- Copy release to bin folder, write
sudo install ./target/release/openethereum /usr/bin/openethereum
- To configure OpenEthereum, see our wiki for details.
Download the required test files:
git submodule update --init --recursive. You can run tests with the following commands:
cargo test --all
cargo test --package <spec>
<spec> with one of the packages from the package list (e.g.
cargo test --package evmbin).
You can show your logs in the test output by passing
cargo test --package evmbin -- --nocapture)
Be sure to check out our wiki for more information.
Viewing documentation for OpenEthereum packages
You can generate documentation for OpenEthereum Rust packages that automatically opens in your web browser using rustdoc with Cargo (of the The Rustdoc Book), by running the the following commands:
cargo doc --document-private-items --open
cargo doc --package <spec> -- --document-private-items --open
--document-private-items to also view private documentation and
--no-deps to exclude building documentation for dependencies.
<spec> with one of the following from the details section below (i.e.
cargo doc --package openethereum --open):
- OpenEthereum Client Application
- OpenEthereum Account Management, Key Management Tool, and Keys Generator
bash ethcore-accounts, ethkey-cli, ethstore, ethstore-cli
- OpenEthereum Chain Specification
- OpenEthereum CLI Signer Tool & RPC Client
bash cli-signer parity-rpc-client
- OpenEthereum Ethash & ProgPoW Implementations
- EthCore Library
- OpenEthereum Blockchain Database, Test Generator, Configuration,
Caching, Importing Blocks, and Block Information
- OpenEthereum Contract Calls and Blockchain Service & Registry Information
- OpenEthereum Database Access & Utilities, Database Cache Manager
- OpenEthereum Virtual Machine (EVM) Rust Implementation
- OpenEthereum Light Client Implementation
- Smart Contract based Node Filter, Manage Permissions of Network Connections
- OpenEthereum Client & Network Service Creation & Registration with the I/O Subsystem
- OpenEthereum Blockchain Synchronization
- OpenEthereum Common Types
- OpenEthereum Virtual Machines (VM) Support Library
- OpenEthereum WASM Interpreter
- OpenEthereum WASM Test Runner
- OpenEthereum EVM Implementation
- OpenEthereum JSON Deserialization
- OpenEthereum State Machine Generalization for Consensus Engines
- OpenEthereum Blockchain Database, Test Generator, Configuration, Caching, Importing Blocks, and Block Information
- OpenEthereum Miner Interface
bash ethcore-miner parity-local-store price-info ethcore-stratum using_queue
- OpenEthereum Logger Implementation
- OpenEthereum JSON-RPC Servers
- OpenEthereum Updater Service
bash parity-updater parity-hash-fetch
- OpenEthereum Core Libraries (
bash accounts-bloom blooms-db dir eip-712 fake-fetch fastmap fetch ethcore-io journaldb keccak-hasher len-caching-lock memory-cache memzero migration-rocksdb ethcore-network ethcore-network-devp2p panic_hook patricia-trie-ethereum registrar rlp_compress stats time-utils triehash-ethereum unexpected parity-version
In addition to the OpenEthereum client, there are additional tools in this repository available:
- [evmbin](./bin/evmbin) - OpenEthereum EVM Implementation.
- [ethstore](./crates/accounts/ethstore) - OpenEthereum Key Management.
- [ethkey](./crates/accounts/ethkey) - OpenEthereum Keys Generator.
The following tools are available in a separate repository:
- ethabi - OpenEthereum Encoding of Function Calls. Docs here
- whisper - OpenEthereum Whisper-v2 PoC Implementation.
An introduction has been provided in the "So You Want to be a Core Developer" presentation slides by Hernando Castano. Additional guidelines are provided in [CONTRIBUTING](./.github/CONTRIBUTING.md).
Contributor Code of Conduct
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Parity README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.